Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2

GOD IS GREAT!!!

I drove up to the storage buildings, parked and opened them up.  The last one has the most difficult door to open so I was focused on it and not looking at where I was stepping.  I felt something between my toes and thought it was a small rock in my sock.  I took a step as I continued opening the door and felt something on the bottom of my shoe.  I tried scraping it off and as I did I felt a wiggle between my toes.  I looked at the bottom of my shoe and saw a plastic disc about the size of a dime on my shoe.  I pulled against it and again felt the wiggle between my toes.  I had to work it out and expected to see a thumbtack size stick.  Instead, as I pulled against it, I realized it was much longer and could feel it slipping out from between my toes.  I was stunned to see an inch long, very sharp nail emerge from the rubber on my shoes.  I looked heavenward and said thank you, thank you Lord.  I knew, if it had been a fraction of an inch in any direction, I would have been impaled by it and would have had to try to remember where to go for help.

So, my morning began with a reminder that Father God loves me and protects me ~ ALWAYS!

I started working on boxes.  I moved the ones from the office that were labeled sort/shred out of the way.  Looks like I've got a big project to work on in the cool of my room during the hot afternoons!

I opened several boxes of kitchen items.  One had plasticware in it that was left over from Ashleigh's baby shower.  Her baby shower from April 1988.  Yes, that was over 23 years ago.  Let me see, that means that we've moved those plastic knives 13 times (if I can count right) from Texas to Colorado to New Mexico back to Colorado and finally back to Texas.  I threw them in the trash.

I could just sit here and kick myself for not having done it earlier.  I'm choosing to celebrate the freedom of throwing them away.

I have my first two boxes of items to take to the consignment store.  I've got to give everything a good dusting since they've been packed for a while but things are headed in the right direction!  

No comments:

Post a Comment