Monday, June 20, 2011

A New Week, my Second Monday

I think I'm getting the hang of things.

I can only work a few hours at the storage building.  It's hot, it's dirty, it's melancholy, it's liberating.  I have to load everything I'm letting go of and take it to the room, clean it and then take it to the consignment store.

Somewhere in there today I also had to do two loads of laundry and take a shower.  Trust me, the noon shower is vital to move from the morning to the afternoon.  Hidden Treasurers would NOT want me showing up down there looking like I do at eleven a.m.

Today I took five boxes of stuff to the store.  It's getting easier to let go of so many things.  Today's boxes were full of duplicates (and triplicates & more!) so my decision was to eliminate all but my favorites.  I'm keeping the spotted rooster that Ashleigh & Aaron gave me, my favorite hurricane, the brown platter that compliments our dishes, the small flower vases that would fit on both sides of our bed.  I'm really liking letting of go of the extras.

It feels very good to make positive progress.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, I hope this reaches you as there was no email address connected to your comment on my blog...

    I just wanted to say Thank You for your lovely comment on my birthday post. I really appreciate your encouraging words and the compliments.

    Hope you're well. Have a good evening xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dawn, so so nice to meet you via Sharon's blog and to know you live in Houston! I totally agree with letting go of some things. I've reached the point where I do not want anything else. I have everything possible. And, I'm trying to make do with just a few pieces of excellent quality apparel as I've discovered I really don't need 30 suits or 50 pairs of slacks like I used to need. xx's

    ReplyDelete