Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 3.7

I have a friend who says my life is chaos.  I tell her I'm being flexible.  This past week has been just that.

My husband's ship finally sailed, several days late and not without 6 more cases of sodas!  The silver lining was that we actually got to spend two more nights together.  Saturday afternoon, my daughter & I waited for hours at a point along the ship channel where we were at the water's edge.  Unfortunately, the departure time was pushed back until it was dark when the ship went by.  We could only flash lights at each other and say one last good bye on our phones.  I should point out that the afternoon was really pleasant.  There was a cool breeze blowing and we were very comfortable waiting for his ship to go by.  However, as anyone who lives in Houston knows, the minute the sun sets the sky fills with mosquitos.  We attempted, unwisely, to step out of the car to photograph his ship as it slipped by.  It was too dark and we were too tempting.  We were covered in bites as we scrambled back into the car.  We celebrated the ship's horn blasting out and then set about killing the mosquitos trapped in the car with us.  My husband will be gone for months so back to my project!

Sunday saw my daughter & I shopping at IKEA and Wal-Mart for her apartment.  Monday morning we got everything moved up to her third floor abode.  So tomorrow is back to my project!

Tuesday morning saw me shuttling my daughter between her office and apartment twice so repairs could be made to equipment in her work truck.  I was more than happy to help her so she could sleep at home instead of at the office!  This was following an 18 hour shift.  So tomorrow is back to my project!  

Wednesday morning and now I'm definitely headed to work.  I got my water bottles & gatorade in a bag.  I got to the storage building and realized that they were still hanging on the closet door in my room.  So, it's already hot, I'm sweating just putting four boxes of paperwork in my truck.  I chose to bring the sort/shred boxes back to my room and work on them today.  So tomorrow is back to my project!  This time with liquids, breakfast, blood pressure medicine and as early as possible!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment